Summer Makeup Products | Fotd

by - 6/21/2017


How on Earth are we in June already? I feel as though the New Year has sped by in the blink of an eye. Quick changing seasons means my everyday makeup routine has been all over the place, with new products surfacing that I never thought I would ever come to use. Today's post is simply that... my everyday makeup routine that is appropriate for this hot sunny weather we are having (ps, as I'm writing this it's currently 32C outside).

Base

Primer
Over the past few months, I've developed a love for primer. I never used to apply primer as I genuinely thought they were a waste of time. However, after seeing the 3 for 2 on Barry M makeup, I thought I would give one a go and low and behold it actually does work. The Barry M primer is £5.99 and I decided on sticking with the original option. This primer is not only good at keeping your makeup on all day, its pore minimising, skin smoothing and matifies the skin too. I highly recommend to those of you looking for an inexpensive primer that really does do something.

Foundation
For me finding a foundation that is pale enough for my skin tone is impossible. If its not too orange its too pink... until I came across the GOSH X-Ceptional Wear foundation. The colouring is perfect for those of you with pale skin that doesn't have a particular undertone. Its definitely a thicker foundation but doesn't have a particularly good coverage so I can imagine this bottle is going to run out very quickly. However, applied with a damp beauty blender and a decent concealer then I think it does the job perfectly.

Concealer
Moving nicely on to concealer, no surprise here but my favourite for this time of year (who am I kidding, all year round) is the Collection Lasting Perfection in the shade FAIR. My my my, if you know me you'll know I get through tubes and tubes of this stuff. Full coverage and pale is just what I need and this little beauty does the trick.

Setting Spray
Setting your makeup especially in warmer weather is key to keeping it looking fresh all day. This Makeup Revolution one is specific for oil control and I love to use it when I feel as though my face is melting. The smell isn't great but hold your nose and you'll be fine:)

Bronzing and Highlighting

Bronzer
My favourite bronzer for this time of year is no heck of a doubt, the Makeup Revolution bronzer in the shade Golden Days. PERFECT for that bronzed goddess look, super natural and warm which will leave you looking as though you've spent the week in the maldives!!!

Highlighter
Highlighting for me had never really been a big thing, I just find highlighter doesn't suit my face. However, this Benecos natural highlighter is perfect for a subtle glow that looks as though its coming from within your skin rather than a chunk of glitter on your face. Benecos products are beaut, I've reviewed them before if you fancy a read.

Eyes

Eyeshadow
One of my fave palettes for summer is hands down the Naked 3 Palette, the gorgeous pinks really are the epitome of summer. I love these colours as they are super flattering on any skin tone and any eye colour. Mixing the shimmery golds and pinks together make a perfect everyday look, whilst adding one of the matte browns into the crease to add edge and a night time feel. Love love love this palette.

Mascara 
Surprise Surprise, just like every other beauty blogger out there, the one I've chosen is Maybelline Lash Sensational. It really is the best mascara I've ever used. Its volumising and lengthening which is hard to find both in one mascara. 

Lips

Lipstick
L'oreal do my favourite lipsticks. They have a huge range of colours for all skin tones with different finishes such as matte and satin. This one is in the shade 'JLo's' Nude which to me says it all. Its a perfect light pink colour with a glimmer of iridescent sparkle. It makes your lips super hydrated and glossy. I definitely need to purchase some more of L'oreal's nude lippies.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, I know one of my most viewed posts is a FOTD so I thought you might like this. Leave a comment as to what is your favourite summer makeup product this month.

Louise xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments