battling dry skin

by - 5/24/2015



Long time, no speak my friends!

Today's post is a little different from anything I've ever done, its a how i battle dry skin, in hope that this helps some of you out there that have asked me questions on this topic.


So, I do suffer from dry skin, which is on my forehead, and little parts on my face. I haven't always suffered but last year, when I went on holiday I burnt really bad and ever since then my skin has been super dry. There's a few products/techniques that I use in order to not cure but control the problem, which are:


1. washing your face is a must!! you need to remove all bacteria and product from your face otherwise by adding cream on top, all you'll do is block your pores.

2. substituting foundation for a BB cream or CC cream. I find when I apply foundation it makes the problem 10x worse and I end up just removing it all. So, I use 'NYC BB cream' which is a very lightweight foundation/cream, it does give coverage but obviously not as much as a foundation but it can be paired with concealer to add some more coverage where needed.


3. cream, cream and more cream. As stupid as it sounds but the reason your skin is dry is because it has no moisture left in it, so ADD it back in. I use three different creams, all shown above. I use the 'Dove Cocoa Cream' before applying my makeup for the day. I use the 'Dirty Works Body Butter' at night and finally I use the 'Body Shop Body Lotion' once I've removed my makeup in the evening. So yes, I do use a lot of cream and I know for some people this won't work and will block pores, but my skins become used to this routine and actually benefits a lot from it.


There my main tricks and tips for battling the annoying little pest of dry skin, obviously this is for people that have lack of moisturized skin and not for people with eczema or any other medical skin condition, so if its a case of basic dry skin, definitely try these products, as i'd love to see if it works for anyone else in a similar situation. 



Louise♥

You May Also Like

2 comments