What Have I Been Watching? | Top 5 TV Shows

by - 6/17/2018



If you’re like me then finding a new TV show to watch is super exciting!

Summer is around the corner which means 6 weeks of relaxing, chilled but also boring days that require a time passer and what’s better than binge watching a new series with a pot of Ben & Jerry’s cookie dough in front of you?

I can hear your answer… “nothing” right?

Well, here are my top 5 TV shows I am loving right now (I have such a broad TV schedule, so these 5 include a range of different genre shows).

First, I have been L O V I N G… 
Bondi Rescue. If you love anything surf or Australian related then you’ll love this show. 

Synopsis: It’s about a team of lifeguards on Australia’s most famous beach ‘Bondi’ and the show follows around their day to day lives of rescuing people from the water, caring for people across the beach as well as showing their laughs and jokes between them. 

Where can I watch? You can find this show on CBS Reality or Channel Ten.

Secondly, I have been obsessed with…
Casualty. If you’re more into the soap dramas than this show will be for you.

Synopsis: It’s about an A & E department, with every episode following a group of doctors, nurses and everything in between. Most episodes include a big accident or storyline that involves an incident which brings people to the department. It’s very hard to describe but trust me… it’s great!

Where can I watch? You can find Casualty on BBC One every Saturday at 9pm.

Up next is…
Grey’s Anatomy. Again, another medical drama but different.

Synopsis: A group of interns who are learning to become surgeons are put through their paces by their resident teachers. This show follows the same group of characters through their lives as interns into residents whilst following their ups and downs, romances and break ups with a few shootings, explosions and oh so many more tragedies. 

Where can I watch? You can find Grey’s on Sky Living or as a Sky Boxset. (Also, online too if you don’t have access to Sky)

The fourth show is…
Love Island. Now if you’re from England and you’ve never heard of Love Island then where on Earth have you been?

Synopsis: Love Island follows a bunch of hot single boys and girls who are looking to find love. The islanders (as they are called) are situated in a villa where they take part in challenges and tasks to find love and potentially ‘couple up’ with them. Just a head’s up, there is swearing and sexual references in the show, so just take that into consideration…

Where can I watch? You can find Love Island every night at 9pm on ITV 2 or series 1 and 2 have been recently uploaded to Netflix. 

LAST BUT BY NO MEANS LEAST…
Our Girl. I’ve saved my favourite for last because I can’t express how much I love this show.

Synopsis: This show is about a girl named Georgie Lane who is a medic in the army, she is deployed to various countries and aspects of war with her team called 2-section. The show follows a different storyline each series. Episodes include dealing with humanitarian crisis to battling terrorists and helping war torn countries deal with disaster. 

My favourite actors and actresses are a part of this show which makes for an amazing cocktail of people. These include: Michelle Keegan, Ben Aldridge, Olly Rix, Sean Ward and Luke Pasqualino.

Where can I watch? You can find Our Girl on BBC One on Tuesdays at 9pm. Or you can find all series on the BBC iPlayer too.

So, there they are. My top 5 TV shows at the moment. Obviously, they might not be your cup of tea but I definitely recommend giving them a chance.

Let me know of any TV shows you’re loving right now as I’m always interested in finding new things to watch and I’d love to also know if any of you watch these shows I’ve mentioned.

Love From,

Lou X


You May Also Like

0 comments