Top 5 Nude Lipsticks from the Drugstore

by - 6/21/2018




Lipsticks, Lipgloss, Lip balm, Liquid Lippy, Matte Lippy... there's so many to choose from. So where do we start? Well, nude for me is the best way (not sure that sounded as good as it did in my head) but you can't go wrong with a nude colour.

Here are my top 5 nude lipsticks from the drugstore (aka Superdrug and Boots):

1. Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade "Abu Dhabi" (Cost: £6) - love love love this lip colour. Its a muted nude, with an orange and brown undertone. The creamy formula dries matte on the lips and lasts for hours. Nyx have a wide range of colours ranging from reds to pinks to purples and nudes. Head to boots and check them out, I highly highly recommend.

2. Maybelline Lipstick in the shade "630 Velvet Beige" (Cost: £6.99) - this lippy has a sheen finish, not glossy nor matte but rather a moisturising creamy feel. This colour as a little deeper and of a purple undertone compared to the Nyx lip cream. Again, I really love this one for an everyday look when I don't want a matte finish.

3. MUA Velvet Lip Lacquer in the shade "Tranquillity" - (Cost: £3) - this comes in the form of a liquid lipstick. The colour is a little more peachy than it appears in the tube. Nevertheless, the lipstick applies wet to start with and within seconds starts to dry fully into a matte finish. The one critique I would have of this lipstick is how dry it really does set, it almost flakes and sinks into the lines on your lips. But you can't complain seeing as how cheap this really was.

4. L'oreal Exclusive Collection Lipstick in the shade "JLOs Nude" (Cost: £7) - This is the most expensive one out of my top 5 picks. However, the quality and colour of this lippy is my all time fave. The colour is a really light natural nude, perfect for everyday. The finish of the lipstick is a light sheen, very moisturising on the lips. Perfect perfect p e r f e c t!!!!!

5. Tanya Burr Liquid Lip in the shade "Martha Moo" (Cost: £5.99) - This one is the brightest shade, probably not a true nude colour but nevertheless I really wanted to include it in this post. Again, as a liquid lipstick it is applies quire runny onto the lips but dries into a gorgeous matte deep pink shade. Unlike the MUA liquid lipstick, this one does not dry flaky or clingy to the lips. It leaves a matte finish without the drying element which to me sounds like the perfect matte finish.

Overall what can I say? There's such a massive range of nude lipsticks in the drugstore, each of which come with different applications and different finishes. All you have to do is find the right one for you!

Leave a comment to your favourite lipstick brand as i'm intrigued to find a new fave lippy!

Love From,

Lou X

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. After your sweet comment on my post, I had to check out yours!
    I love nude lip colors, so naturally I loved this post as well ;)
    I really love the MUA Lip Laquers as well and I recommend the Revolution Lipsticks to everyone
    Lots of love, Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much for checking out my post! :)
      Yes funnily enough i popped into my local town yesterday and purchased a Revolution lipstick after reading your post, so thank you hehehe x

      Lou x

      Delete