Updated Blogging Organisation Tips | 2018

by - 7/07/2018


When I look back on my blog, over the years there has always been 1 specific topic post that seems to do the best in terms of views, comments and interactions. The original post was titled 'Organisation Tips for Blogging' which I believe I posted back in 2015. In 2016, I did an updated version where I discussed some new ideas on how I keep up to date with blogging. A lot has changed in a year and previously 3 years from the original post, so I thought I would do an updated updated blogging organisation tips (that's not a great title but you get the idea).

Being a full time undergraduate student at university is stressful in itself, but combine that with working part time, volunteering and trying to maintain some kind of social life (note i said some kind) makes life even more hectic. With assignment dates here and there, I must admit i do find it very difficult to make time for blogging. But i've come up with the best way for me, to at least help maintain some kind of clear direction when it comes to sitting down and writing something.

Notebooks
What can i say? Who doesn't like buying cute new stationary? I know I do! With university being 99% computer and online based, it makes it very difficult to have a good excuse to buy some cute supplies. But... blogging gives me that little bit of justification i need ;)

I usually have 2 notebooks to use. The biggest A4 one is kept at home ALWAYS. It does not leave the house purely for the reason it holds many a secret for my blog and i know if i lost it or left it somewhere i'd be devastated. The smaller A5 notebook is the complete opposite. It comes EVERYWHERE with me. For those days where i'm sitting on the train to uni and a blog post idea pops into my head and i immediately want to start planning. Weirdly enough, this little notebook has become very useful in the car too. It's weird but when i'm driving i get all these great ideas and must write them down before i forget. (Don't worry, i always pull over somewhere safe before i whip the little book out!)

Phone/Apps
Living in 2018, its safe to say pretty much every single person has access to a mobile phone on the go. I mean if you're like me, you will not leave the house without it in your hand. This little handy device is great for when you really are stuck with writing a spur of the moment idea down. Also, there are many many apps you can download that are targeted to bloggers, helping you keep all your ideas in one place.

I also use my phone for scheduling what days and times i will upload my blog posts. I must admit sometimes i don't stick to a schedule because some days i want to just sit and write and upload all in one go regardless of whether it fits into a particular time slot. But keeping up to date with days you have time to upload is very important when it comes to maintaining a continuous upload.

All my university assignments, lecture times and volunteering slots are all stored in my phone calendar, so adding when i want to or more importantly when i have time to write a blog post is important. Whip out your phone ladies and gents and start scheduling your life.

Similar to phones, why not schedule and plan on your laptop. At the end of the day most of us probably use a computer or laptop to upload photos and actually write blog posts, so find an app to download to help keep it all in one place.

*

I hope you guys enjoyed this little spur of the moment blog post. You all seemed to really love my other one so i really hope you enjoy this one too!

Let me know of any other blogging organisation ideas you have by commenting below this post as i love love love hearing what you guys have to say and maybe one of your guys' ideas might make its way into my little schedule.

Love From,
Lou X

You May Also Like

0 comments