What's In My Summer Makeup Bag?

by - 7/08/2018


Changing my makeup bag over from winter to summer is the most exciting thing ever! I love having a revamp with my everyday makeup look to suit the season. I usually do one of these every year and so here is 2018's "What's in my summer makeup bag?".

First things first, I want to clarify that i do not wear makeup everyday and recently i've been battling with my skin which you can read about in my post about coming off the contraceptive pill. So, i am trying my hardest to not coat myself in makeup when i don't need to.

Base:
Foundation is a hard one because when its boiling hot the last thing i want to do is apply a foundation that's bound to melt off half way through the day but when I'm having a bad skin day, i feel like i need some coverage to make myself look some what presentable. I usually opt for the L'oreal True Match Foundation in the shade 1N as its super light and runny and therefore, it's not too cakey and thick for a summers day.

Concealer is a must whatever time of year. Once again the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer has made its way into my makeup bag. If you've never heard of this product then where have you been? It's probably one of the most raved about concealers of all time. I use the shade Light as its perfect for my pale complexion. What's also great about this is the coverage it gives! My oh my! It can literally cover ANYTHING! And to top it off, its so cheap and can be brought in Superdrug or Boots.

Bronzer is also a must in order to look like a bronzed goddess. This W7 Honolulu bronzer is b e a u t i f u l... honestly such a gorgeous warm toned shade that brings shape and definition to your face. I usually go a bit crazy with this and put it everywhere because you can't be too tanned can you?

Again, another staple in my summer makeup bag is a good highlighter and the one i've chosen is actually part of a palette. This palette is the Makeup Revolution Good as Gold palette that comes with 4 different highlighter shades (the big square pans) and 8 eyeshadow shades (the smaller pans in the middle). My favourite highlighter shade is the two you can see in the photo. A beautiful champagne white colour which is blinding! and a gold which is slightly warmer and adds to that bronzed goddess look ;)

Eyes:
For eyes, i keep it very simple and very natural during the summer. I tend to head towards my Urban Decay Naked 3 palette as the shades are all light pinks, golds and browns which are extremely complimentary during the summer season. Love love love love!

Keeping with the simple natural theme, i tend to next only apply mascara. My all time fave through thick and thin (if that's the saying) is the Maybelline Lash Sensational. OMG! Again, another product that is highlight raved about online. This mascara is not only thickening, its lengthening and bold. It really brings my makeup together!

Lips:
Lips change a lot of the time too. I have so many different gorgeous nude shades but i've chosen this deeper pink colour to share with you because of its formula. Its the Maybelline Lipstick in 630 "Velvet Beige". Its formula is super hydrating and smooth, it's not glossy but its not matte. Its a nice in between consistency and that's why i've been drawn to it so much this summer.

I've also included a lip balm because i think it's super important to keep your lips hydrated and protected from the sun during the hot months. This one is the Nivea lip balm, super simple and super cheap. It has added SPF which is also a bonus because who wants burnt lips?

Last note... I know a lot of you will ask, my makeup bag is from Primark and was £5. Its a beautiful white with little flowers and gold accents on the front and it's the perfect size. If you want a better picture of it, there's bound to be one on one of my instagrams (linked all over my blog, literally!)

I really hope you enjoyed reading this blog post, as always leave a comment and i'll reply to everyone! See you next time.

Love From,
Lou X

You May Also Like

0 comments