Summer Makeup Products 2020 | FOTD

by - 8/22/2020


Well hello. Its been a minute! I've missed blogging so much, so here i am ready to start my blogging journey once again. When i look back on my blog, one type of post stands out that i've written year after year... and that is my summer makeup faves.

So here we are at the end of August and so much has happened this summer! My makeup reoutine has changed constantly over the last few months to fit the changes in my life. 

Base

Primer 
Primer has always been one of those products i've been hesitant about. Maybe it's because i haven't found one i like and know works yet. But nevertheless, i've been using the Collection Prime and Ready in Apricot. I love the consistency of this primer, it's super light weight and gives you a glowy finish. 

Foundation
The chosen foundation for today's post, i'm ngl is probably my all time favourite foundation ever! I use it every single day that i'm wearing full face makeup. It's lightweight and blends like a dream. The L'oreal True Match Foundation has such a huge colour range also, which is fab! The tone of this foundation is Neutral meaning it isn't too pink and isn't too warm, which is ideal for my fair skin. 

Concealer
I'm sure most of you won't be suprised by my pick for concealer. The Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in Fair has been my go to since 2013/2014. The colour is perfect for me and the consistency once again is perfect - a thick but blendable texture that covers all those blemishes (thankyou mask acne). 

Hydrating Mist
I've chosen a slightly different product to include here as i tend not to use a setting spray anymore. This Superdrug Vitamin E face mist is perfect at keeping that skin glowly, and controlling the cakey ness of the makeup throughout the day. A quick spritz of this gorgeous smelling mist will leave you glowing ear to ear all day. 

Bronzing and Highlighting
Bronzer
I love bronzer! Especially during the summer, it really helps that summer bronze goddess glow out of you. I love this W7 Honolulu bonzer that i was kindly gifted. As you can see by the packaging it is a dupe for the Benefit bonzer but at a much cheaper price. The only gripe i have with this bronzer is it is slightly too warm for me persoanlly so i have to be careful only to use a small amount of product. 

Highlighter
Quite possibly my favourite step of my makeup routine is highlighter. It's safe to say sometimes i can occassionally go a little bit overboard with my highlight but i just can resist the glow!!! This Revolution highlighter is the perfect go to for that glow from within look. Highlight recommend Revolution for their highlighting products, they're super affordable and come in so many different shades. 

Eyes
Eyeshadow
One of my favourite eyshadows palettes for summer is hands down the Makeup Revolution Flawless Decadent palette. It is filled with the most dreamy oranges, peaches and pinks! There is a shade for every single kind of summer look in here from full dramatic glam to an everyday wash of pink. My favourite shades include: Sienna, Sundown, Blush and Glimmer - a mixture of matte's and glitters. 

Mascara
Once again, i'm sure you won't be suprised by my pick for mascara here. The Maybelline Lash Sensational has been my go to mascara for years! The applicator is soft but firm and coats the lashes giving them a full but long effect. If you haven't tried this mascara yet, where have you been?

Lips
Lipbalm
I'm going to keep this one short but sweet, but if you don't have a lipbalm through the dry summer months then what are you doing? I simply use the Vaseline Cocoa Butter one to keep my lips smooth and glossy through those hot months. Nothing special here, but can't live without my lipbalms.

Lipstick
Nyx has always been one of my favourite makeup brands! I remember when the first Nyx stall opened in my local boots and i may have gone a bit crazy and brought one of everything haha! My current favourite is the Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi. It's a mix of a warm pink, orange and brown shade all rolled into one! What more could you want in a lipstick? 

I hope you enjoyed seeing inside my summer makeup bag this year. Let me know below in the comments you're favourite makeup product this summer, i'm always on the look out for new things to try!

Lots of Love,
Lou x

You May Also Like

0 comments